|

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

On Criticism vs. Hate...

Dudes and ladies...

I'm REALLY big on free speech, so I don't censor comments, but I've gotta tell ya, I'm not in for all this hate in some the comments here. By "hate," I don't mean criticism. I mean real, down and dirty "hate" hate directed at an entire cultural group. There are definitely some REALLY bad elements within the Muslim community, and they've led many of their fellow Muslims down a VERY bad path. Even among the ones who've been led astray, I'm sure there are a lot of good people.
For the slower folks out there who haven't noticed yet, there's a war brewing right now. This isn't a "culture war." This is a real, blood & guts "war" war. That means a lot of people are going to die. We are fortunate to be aligned with the most efficient killing machine ever devised, which means the majority of the bodies will be racked up on the other side. Most of the killing may be necessary, but it's neither glorious nor beautiful. The sheer scope of death in warfare is tragic and unfortunate. Every death represents a life that could've been something amazing.*

(* - except for Zarqawi & his sadistic clones. I really do hate Zarqawi according to every definition of that word. I sincerely hope Zarqawi bites it in the slowest, most excruciating way possible. I propose wire brush exfoliation under a shower of Dave's Insanity Sauce for starters.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone actually reads your blog and comments on it? I'm shocked ;)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home