|

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Religion of Discipline?


Nihad Afroun, a six year old child, was violently beaten by her teacher at the Sidi Ahmed El Bekkal school, in Tétouan, Morocco:

"After having finished his prayer, the teacher gave a violent blow to my daughter so much so that she fell while knocking her face against the ground. No one told me for nearly two hours after the incident."

"I walked on his small carpet. He struck me and I fell to the ground," confirms small Nihad in a soft voice. ... "The doctor said to me that my daughter has serious fractures on the level of the nose", the mother adds, with anguish.

The teacher in question is the imam of a local mosque. I won't jump to conclusions as of yet. This man may be innocent. He may, however, be completely guilty. Either way, the manner in which this situation is handled will tell us a lot about the Moroccan practitioners of the Religion of Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that little girl got OWNED!!!!!!!! PWNT NEWBS!!!!!!!!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I supose that you could say that this is typical of Islamic culture. I also suppose that they think cases like this are common. I don't think it even would have made the news if there had not been some shock and dismay in the community of the little girl.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone was smart here, it'd be easy to take note that spirituality is the most abused dimension of life. And this goes for ANY religion/ideology/conjecture, whatever you wish to call it.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home