|

Friday, May 20, 2005

Pepsico President Gives Middle Finger to U.S.

Pepsico's President and CFO Indra Nooyi recently gave a speech to the graduating class of Columbia University’s Business School. In the speech, she analogized the world's continents to the fingers of the hand. She chose to assign the middle finger to the United States.

... if used inappropriately –just like the U.S. itself -- the middle finger can convey a negative message and get us in trouble. You know what I’m talking about. In fact, I suspect you’re hoping that I’ll demonstrate what I mean. And trust me, I’m not looking for volunteers to model.

Discretion being the better part of valor … I think I’ll pass.

... Unfortunately, I think this is how the rest of the world looks at the U.S. right now. Not as part of the hand – giving strength and purpose to the rest of the fingers – but, instead, scratching our nose and sending a far different signal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home